Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bailing on the Long Run






Today: 9 miles
Week: 46 miles
Workout: 65th St & East Drive to Engineer's Gate, 2 loops of the extended bridle path, exit Engineer's Gate-south to 72nd St. Transverse, across to West Drive, around lower loop to 65th St.

I had planned on running my long run today. But I woke up and just didn't feel like I had a long run in me. So I tried to take it easy and save the long run for tomorrow. My run today lasted 1h 37m.

Before heading out on my run, I happened to be walking in Central Park, near the Central Park Zoo. It was about 7 a.m., and there was a bike race in progress. On the newly paved road, someone had written encouraging messages in yellow chalk. It must have had something to do with Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG cancer foundation. I thought some of the messages were interesting, so I took a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment