Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tempo Run

Today: 10 miles
Week: 25 miles
Workout: 4 miles from 63rd St on the west side of Central Park, around the lower loop to Engineer's Gate, across the bottom of the reservoir to West Drive and back to the YMCA, 1 mile warm up with WSY to 81st Street, 4-mile tempo run around the top of Central Park to 72nd Street Transverse and East Drive, 1 mile cool down around the lower loop.

I ran the first 4 miles at 7:30/mile. I did the 4-mile tempo in 26:42 (6:41/mile). But the first mile was probably close to 7:30-7:45, and the last 1.5 miles was probably close to 6:00/mile. I ran first mile of the tempo run with a group, the 2nd mile of the tempo run by myself, and the last two miles were done with Bruno, or chasing Bruno. I felt great on the tempo run despite the humidity and quick pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment