Thursday, July 16, 2009

Running Shoe Graveyard


I decided to check under my bed (a.k.a. the Running Shoe Graveyard) and get rid of some old running shoes. Here is the tally: 4 pairs of Nike Vomeros, 1 pair of Nike Zoom Elites, 4 pairs of Brooks, and 1 pair of Saucony.

I'm not even counting the 2 pairs of Vomeros that I'm going to keep even though I no longer run in them. They're still good for walking around.

Hey, Mike, what shoes do you currently use for running?

Well, I'm glad you asked. I currently run in Nike Vomero 4s (LOVE THEM!), Asics Gel Nimbus 9 (I don't really like them, too bulky feeling.), Nike Lunarlite (OK), Nike Zoom Victory (gift from a friend, used them at the Armory), Nike Air Zoom Katana (have only worn them once for intervals, very light), and Brooks T5 Racers (used them for the bulk of my races in the past year, LOVE THEM, but they will have to be retired).

I'm still looking for that perfect road racing shoe, good fit, enough cushion to protect my knees, but still light enough to feel like I have nothing on my feet. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment