Monday, July 27, 2009

Mile Repeats

Today: 12 miles
Week: 12 miles
Workout: 3.5 mile warm up on my own in Central Park, 1 mile warm up with WSY Running Club counterclockwise from the Y to the middle of 72nd St Transverse, 3x1 mile repeats (2 clockwise, 1 counterclockwise), 3 minutes of jogging between the miles, 3.5 mile cool down.

The 1st and 3rd mile repeats going clockwise were slightly downhill, which makes the time on the 2nd mile surprising since we were going the opposite direction, slightly uphill. My times were 5:44, 5:25, and 5:34. Bruno, Farbod, Joe, and I were tightly bunched on the first two mile repeats. We got a little spread out on the last one. I was hurting on the last one. I thought that I was going to be around 5:50, so I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at my watch. I could tell that everyone was working hard because there was very little talking going on.

I'm going to remember this workout when I start hurting in the Team Championship race in a couple of weeks. It will remind me to keep pushing through the pain, and good results will follow.

I did the cool down with Bruno and Farbod. I would not have gone by myself. I felt completely depleted of any kind of energy after the last mile repeat. Even now, as I sit here in front of my computer, I feel a little dizzy and nauseous. I wish I had a camera. Everybody looked like they had just run a muddy cross country race. The ground was wet, and there were a couple of muddy sections we had to run through.

No comments:

Post a Comment