Saturday, July 11, 2009

LONG RUN

Today: 12 miles
Week: 43 miles
Workout: Niketown -- Central Park South -- 59th St -- West Side Hwy bike path -- up to just past Riverbank State Park -- back to Niketown.

There were only about 5 or 6 people doing the entire 12-mile run today. It was only my third "long" run of my marathon training. The first half of the run was very nice and relaxed. But as soon as we turned around, we were fighting a strong headwind. Why is it that you don't really feel the wind at your back, but as soon as you turn around, the wind feels so strong? It took 47:26 to get to the turnaround point and 44:31 to come back. So, despite the strong wind coming back, we did pick up the pace. The total run was 1h 31m 57s.

Coming back to Niketown, we went by some construction workers on Central Park South. A guy was using one of those saws that cuts through cement. As I took to the street, his saw threw off sparks, and one of the sparks went right into my ear! I could feel the heat inside my ear. So if any of you notice that I don't respond when you are talking to me, it's probably because the spark burned a hole into my eardrum. I'm not too concerned since my hearing was never that great to begin with. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment