Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bruno's Beer Mile

On the roof of Bruno's apartment.



Bruno's Beer Mile (with a 70s theme) was a huge success. As someone who didn't participate, I can say that it was thoroughly entertaining. The people who dressed up in a 70s theme looked great. I thought I might regret not taking part, but after seeing how difficult it was for some people to finish, I am 100% sure I made the right decision.

A beer mile consists of running 4 laps on the track, but the runner (or should I say the drinker) must drink one can of beer before each lap. If I listened carefully, I could hear all that beer sloshing around in everyone's stomach. The winner finished in just over 7 minutes! Are you kidding me?! The people who finished in 10 or 20 minutes were just as impressive. If I had participated, I'm sure it would have taken me about an hour to finish. Everyone finished just in time. As we were cleaning up, two police officers on bicycles rode past us.

After the race, we walked over to Bruno's apartment and enjoyed the amazing view from the roof of his apartment. At some point, Farbod came up with the crazy idea to climb the water tower on the roof. When Farbod asked me if I wanted to go, a small voice in my head said, "Yeah, go ahead, it will be fun!" But a much louder voice in my head said, "WTF! Are you crazy?!" I took the advice of the louder voice. Bruno and Joe, on the other hand, took Farbod up on his offer, and the next thing I know, the three of them were scaling the ladder. I kept waiting for someone to end up IN the water tower. It looked rather old, and I wasn't sure it would hold three people. Fortunately, everyone made it up and back down without incident. When and where will the next beer mile take place? Who knows, but it will be tough to top this one.

1 comment:

  1. damn, 7 minute mile including 4 beers is VERY impressive

    ReplyDelete