Saturday, July 18, 2009

CPC Run for Central Park 4 Mile

Today: 4.5 miles
Week: 41 miles
Workout: 0.5 mile warm up, 4-mile race

I was a little late getting to the race. I had to run from the YMCA to the starting line and didn't get to warm up as much as I would have liked. Although, standing in the corral for 10 minutes was more than enough to warm me up. The humidity was ridiculous this morning. Because I got to the corral late, I got stuck in the middle of my corral. That led to a slower than expected first mile. My splits were 6:17, 5:48, 6:02, and 5:45. My goal was to run a 23:50. Even though I ran a 23:52, I was satisfied. If it wasn't for the slow first mile, I probably would have broken 23:50. I actually haven't run this fast in a 4-mile race since 2002!

The West Side Road Runners Club finished in 14th place out of 45 teams. We are steadily moving up in the ranks. Our masters team finished 13th out of 37 teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment