Monday, August 24, 2009

800 Meter Intervals


Today: 10.5 miles
Week: 10.5 miles
Workout: Central Park bridle path. Warm up to West Side Hwy bike path at 56th Street, run hard to Intrepid (approximately 800 meters), rest 1:30, run hard back to 56th Street. Do 6x800 meters.

I felt great on my bridle path run and thought I would be fine on the intervals. But I misjudged how short the recovery period would be and suffered through my last two 800s. My times on the 800s were: 2:57, 2:49, 2:48, 2:51, 3:00, 2:59.

Before the workout, there was some discussion about our facial hair contest. The contest began on August 1st, and was supposed to go until the end of this month, but some people needed to end earlier. There were quite a few unanswered questions.

Who was in the contest?
What criteria should be used in judging everyone's facial hair?
How will people vote?

I'm still not sure about the answers to these questions, but there are pictures of Denie, Bruno, and me on my Facebook page. I don't think the pictures came out all that great, so stay tuned for some better pictures in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment