Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lower Loop of Central Park

Today: 7 miles
Week: 13.5 miles
Workout: Warm-up from YMCA to Niketown, run to Central Park, run 3 lower loops of the park, increasing the pace of each loop.

On my way to the YMCA, I got caught in a thunderstorm. I was dreading having to wear wet clothes on the way home.

I got soaked on my way to Niketown. Once we got into the park, it wasn't really raining much. I didn't intend to run too hard since I did mile repeats yesterday. But I was in a group that was running a pretty quick pace, and once I got going, I didn't want to slow down. By the second loop, we were well under 7:00/mile pace. On the third loop, our group of 7 or 8 was down to 3 people. We were probably close to 6:10/mile for the last mile. Although I didn't want to run hard, I felt fine after the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment