Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tiger Woods is Interfering with My Training

Today: 7 miles
Week: 29 miles
Workout: Ran from YMCA to Niketown, then back into park for one loop. 51 minutes

I was planning on running with the Nike Run Club. I ran to Niketown only to see a large crowd gathered in front of the store. My first thought was that the Run Club was meeting outside the store instead of inside. As I got closer I noticed a red carpet. I also noticed a line of people (mostly men) waiting to get into the store. I asked a Niketown employee if the Run Club was meeting today, and he said they certainly were not meeting INSIDE Niketown. When I asked him what was going on, he said Tiger Woods was coming. A woman who had been in front of me and was turned away at the door said, "Well, what if you don't want to see Tiger Woods? I came from out of town to go to Niketown!"

I thought about waiting to see Tiger in person, but I decided to continue doing my workout on my own. Tiger, the next time you are going to interfere with my run, give me a little advanced notice. I assume his visit to Niketown was last minute because no one from Nike mentioned it during Tuesday's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment