Wednesday, June 24, 2009

West Side Run

Today: 8 miles
Week: 22 miles
Workout: 1 mile warmup on my own. Run up West Drive from Y, with the club. Turn around at 96th Street. 29:55 out. 27:27 back. Surge on all the hills.

It was deja vu all over again tonight. I basically did the same workout as last night, except I began on the west side instead of the east side. Today's run was much slower, however, which was fine by me. I was feeling all the effects of the last three days of running workouts, along with the leg exercises in the weight room last night.

Once again, there was some debate on where hills began and ended. Alex didn't seem to care. He was sprinting up the hills!

I will be on vacation after Friday. I think all my running workouts will seem just a little bit easier when I'm no longer working full time and getting some decent sleep.

I'm getting a little frustrated with my plantar fasciitis and Achilles problems. I long to be injury free again. I'm icing the Achilles now.

Is there anyone else out there who is wondering why the NYRRC's Long Training Run #1 is so early? July 12th??? I'm curious to see if anyone goes 20 miles that day. I plan on going 14 to 16 that day. It's more likely to be 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment