Saturday, June 20, 2009

RACE ANXIETY

Today: 0 miles
Week: 17 miles
Workout: Rest Day

I guess I'm a little anxious about tomorrow's race. Early this morning, I had a dream that I was warming up for the Father's Day race. It was 30 minutes before the race was scheduled to begin. For some reason, I decide to go watch some TV. Don't ask me how I found a TV. It's a dream. Before I know it, I realize it's 8:29 a.m., one minute before the gun. I run to the start of the race only to see that it's already begun. It's 8:33, and most of the runners have already gone through the start. I quickly go through the start so that my chip will be recorded crossing the starting line. All I can think of is that I'm letting the WSY men down, but that I still may have a chance to record a decent time if I can weave my way through all the other runners. At this point, I woke up and realized that it was all a dream. Whew!

I'm on my way to pick up my race number now. Good luck to everyone in case I don't see you all before the race!

1 comment: