Monday, June 29, 2009

MILE REPEATS

Today: 6.5 miles
Week: 6.5 miles
Workout: One mile warmup. Mile repeats (4 of them) around the lower loop of Central Park, clockwise. Recover to starting point on 72nd Street Transverse.

18 weeks until the NYC Marathon!

5:54, 6:12 recovery, 5:46, 6:07 recovery, 5:54, 6:57 recovery, 5:43. I think I was taking too much time on the recovery, but it certainly didn't feel like it at the time. It was a good thing Farbod showed up. I wasn't looking forward to running this workout by myself. I could not get my pacing right. I thought the first and third miles were faster than they were.

Before the workout, Stacy shared her training plan for the NYC Marathon. It consists of running "only" three days per week. If her plan works for her, I may use it for Boston, assuming I qualify for Boston. I've never run less than 5 days per week when training for a big race, and it's difficult to imagine running only 3 days per week.

I received an email that was meant for another person today. It was an offer of employment. The position was for a Director of Nursing Rehab. It paid $101K! I was tempted to reply that $101K was an insult and that I wouldn't take the job for anything less than $130K, but I did the right thing and let them know they sent the email to the wrong person.

1 comment:

  1. you should have def responded! i found a little hidden beach here on my run here (sardinia) today. it was really nice and i was tempted to stay and not return to disobedient/defiant children!!!

    ReplyDelete