Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Library

On Sunday, after I was done hanging with NYRR Mini 10K participants and supporters, I mentioned to Rob that I was heading to Barnes & Noble to look for a book. I wanted to buy The Tipping Point or Blink by Malcolm Gladwell because I had just finished reading his other book Outliers and enjoyed it very much. Rob mentioned that he had The Tipping Point and would let me borrow it. It saved me $15 that day. Not only that, he gave me another book he thought I might be interested in reading. Thanks Rob!

This got me thinking. I have a ton of books at home that have been sitting on shelves for years. I will probably never read these books again. I'm going to take a quick inventory and list some of these books on this blog. If anyone is interested in borrowing them, just let me know, and I will bring them to the Y.

3 comments:

  1. ive read tipping point, but not blink. what books do you have?!? any novels?!? anything historical? no non-fiction. i can't take any more facts.

    oh ps have you ever done the philly marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done Philly. Farbod did it last year. It was cold, but the course is flat. I think I'll head to Philly as a spectator if there are going to be WSY runners in the race. I'm about to list some of my books right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, im pretty sure i wouldn't have enough time to train for the marathon (and re-build up back my attn span) in time for philly as I'd only have 16 weeks once I got back from Italy (july 29). and, im not so sure ill make it for 26 miles.

    ReplyDelete