Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baseball Field Intervals

Today: 7 1/2 miles
Week: 17 miles
Workout: 3 mile warm up on my own, 2 loops of baseball fields with group, 3 sets x 2 loops of fields (4:27, 4:18, 4:13) , 1 loop recovery (3:00, 3:14), 2 loops cool down at end of workout.

I don't recall what my times were the last time I did this workout. I think I was consistently slowing down on the 2nd loop of each set. I kept passing through the first loop somewhere around 2:05-2:07. It was annoying to constantly run through the cigar smoke of some guy puffing away on one of the park benches. That had to slow me down a little. Other than that, I was surprised that I didn't have to dodge more people on the path. I love the slight downhill near the end of the loop.

There weren't too many people who showed up for the workout today. I wonder if people get intimidated by speed workouts. Maybe more people would show up if the workouts weren't sent out in an email, and then, when everyone showed up, Stacy or Bruno sprang the speed workout on everyone. HA! Stacy and Bruno, I was just kidding if you're reading this. I like knowing the workouts in advance.

After the workout, we went to the Boat Basin and celebrated David's birthday. It was definitely a nice place to hang out, but I could not figure out why it took so long for us to get our food. Also, why can't they serve fries with burgers??? Potato chips instead?! You can't be serious!

David took out his digital camera and placed it on the table. The table actually tilted to one side. I am not kidding! It was HUGE! I think David mentioned that it was one of the first digital cameras ever made, right David? Of course, I'm only kidding. I still have a 1MP Kodak digital camera that takes pictures that are so grainy, you can't identify the people in the picture.

Stacy related an interesting story about a member of the YMCA. I will have to keep an eye out for her and make sure I NEVER engage her in a conversation. Ask Stacy to do an impression of the woman speaking. Stacy, you need to break ALL contact with this woman. It's going to be a big waste of time! Although, it does make for some entertaining stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment