Sunday, June 7, 2009

NY Mini 10K


Total Miles: 0
Weekly Total: 22

I didn't do any running today.  My plantar fasciitis and achilles has been acting up.  Instead, I met up with Denie, Farbod, Stu, and we watched the WSY women run the Mini 10K. (Bruno was supposed to be there but had some ...uhhhhh...technical difficulties with his alarm clock.) The women did awesome, 16th place out of 43 teams!  Alanna  62:40, Jeanne 52:33, Stacy 43:19, Megan 48:52, Erika 48:26, Meggie 60:11, Courtney 46:34, and Claudina 55:52.  Way to represent the team!  I hope the men can do just as well on the 21st, at the Father's Day 5-Mile.  

We met at the Y before the race.  Erika had a hilarious story about an encounter with a one-eyed, one-tooth homeless person.  I'm not going to repeat the story because she probably has it on her blog.  I think it's sufficient for me to say it involves some coffee and what may or may not have been a wink.  I'll let her tell the story.  

I shot some video of everyone during the race, but I couldn't figure out how to upload the video onto my Facebook page in a reasonable amount of time.  Arrrrggggghhhh!  It was driving me crazy!  I'm not exactly the most technologically savvy person in the world.  Makes me wonder how someone like me is even able to do a blog.  Not only that but I realized that I thought I was interviewing some people with my video camera, but I neglected to push the record button.  DOH!   

After the race, some of us went to Fiorello's (is that spelled correctly?).  I wasn't impressed with my burger, but it was a great day to sit outside and eat.  I learned something new about Erika.  She cannot watch a movie that has snakes, particularly colorful snakes.  Well, I guess she CAN, but bad things happen if she does.  Once again, if you want details, ask her about it.  Let's just say that there was an incident involving a LARGE woman.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I am glad to put the first comment here.

    Look forward to reading your blog. I posted a link to you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete