Tuesday, June 23, 2009

WSY Relay -- Monday, June 22nd

Today: 5.5 miles
Week: 5.5 miles
Workout: 3.5 miles on my own. 3x600m around baseball fields by 63rd St and CPW, with about 4 minutes rest in between each 600m.
19 weeks until the NYC Marathon

I felt pretty good considering I raced yesterday. Those 600s were tough. It was a relay race around the baseball fields. There were 5 teams, and each team had 3 runners. Each runner ran a loop and then rest while his/her teammates ran their loop. Then the whole process would begin all over again. Megan and Jeanne were my teammates. All the teams were very spread out, which made it difficult to focus and really run hard. For some reason, these 600s felt much tougher than running on a track. Maybe, it was the uneven pavement, or having to dodge a few people that made it tough. Or, maybe, I just don't have fast twitch muscle fibers. Yeah, that's probably it.

After the workout, we went to the Boat Basin to celebrate Stacy's birthday and bid Alex a fond farewell. Will someone please tell me how the Boat Basin can serve hamburgers without french fries. That's just un-American!

No comments:

Post a Comment