Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fitness 4-Mile

Nike Katana (aka PR shoes)

Today: 4.5 miles
Week: 39.5 miles
Workout: 1/4-mile warm up, 4-mile race, 1/2-mile cool down

Great day for racing. I had my best race of the year. 23:50 (5:58/mile). It was my fastest time since I became a masters runner. My splits were 6:02, 5:53, 6:02, 5:53. I felt good throughout the race. I probably could have gone a little faster. The Men's Open B competition is getting tighter.

WSY did great. Women (Jeanne, Erika, Emma, Meggie, Karen, Margot, Stacy, and Camille) were 11th out of 32 teams. Camille placed 6th in her age division.

Men (Huw, David, David K., Denie, Farbod, Bruno, Lou, and Mike) were 13th out of 37 teams. Lou was 10th in his age division. We were 2 seconds away from 12th!

Masters Men (David K., Denie, and Mike) were 9th out of 36 teams. 9 seconds away from 8th place!

Breakfast at the Flame Restaurant after the race. Berry-stuffed french toast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment