Thursday, August 23, 2012

No break yet

The streak continues.  33 days and counting.  On Saturday, I ran 13 miles with Niketown.  Then, on Sunday, I ran the NYRR Long Training Run #2.  I was hoping to make 16 miles with the 7:00/mile group if I felt good.  However, the weather was so nice that morning, I decided to take advantage of the day and run farther.  On the final 4-mile loop, I decided to run on my own.  One other runner came with me and together we caught up to another runner, who stayed with us.  By the 18th mile, I realized I should have probably stopped after 16 miles, but by then, it was too late.  The last couple of miles were a struggle.

According to my watch, I ran 20.4 miles in 2:20.  That worked out to 6:53/mile.  I don't think I could have kept up that pace for another 6 miles.  Obviously, I need more training if I expect to run a 3:05 marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment