Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nike Flyknit Racers

On Monday, I went on my first official run in the Flyknit Racers.  I did 10 repeats on the Strawberry Fields hill.  The Flyknits felt good, extremely light, of course.  I could not quite sense whether the shoes had enough cushion for me since I only ran a total of about 3 slow miles on my warm up and cool down. But they definitely have more cushion than the Lunar Spider or the Zoom Streak.  I think the true test will come on Saturday in the Team Championships 5-mile race.

Yesterday, I ran 3 lower loops with the Niketown Run Club.  We did "lamppost pick-ups."  I've been assigned to pace a group of runners who are trying to do a 8:30/mile marathon.  It was very satisfying to see runners working hard to finish the workout.

I've done two 50+ mile weeks and feel like my marathon training is going OK.  My long run has only been 12 miles, so I feel I am a little behind in that regard.  And I will be missing the long run this Saturday because I'll be running the Team Championships.  But I'm not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment