Tuesday, August 28, 2012

38 Days in a Row and Counting

This streak is not intentional.  I just seem to end up doing them whenever I'm training for a marathon.

On Sunday, I decided to do a long run since I wasn't able to do the long run with Niketown on Saturday, due to the Harlem 5K.  I met up with Farbod and Lou, and we ran down the West Side Highway bike path.  Along the way, we met up with Chuck.  We ended up running down to the tip of Manhattan and running up the east side.  I finally ran out of energy near the 6th Street track, after 15.5 miles.  I had to stop and walk to the train.

When I got home, I bought a bag of ice, dumped it in my tub, and sat in it for 15 minutes.

Yesterday (Monday), I felt like running on a track, so I ran down to Riverbank State Park.  I did 4x200 with a 200m jog in between.  Just enough to remind my legs what it's like to run at mile race pace.  After that, I ran down to the West Side Y.  I did another 7.5 mile with the WSY Running Club, along the West Side Highway bike path.  My grand total was 15.5 miles for the second day in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment