Monday, April 12, 2010

Relay Race

Today: 4.5 miles
Week: 4.5 miles
Workout: Warm-up from YMCA to dirt track on the northwestern tip of Central Park - run 4 repeats of the track - cool down back to the Y.

The 4 repeats of the track were basically all out sprints. We did them as part of a relay race. Fun but painful. My hamstrings are shot. At the end of the last repeat, I felt like my hamstrings were about to be pulled muscles. I also felt light headed, and it must have taken me 10 minutes to finally stop breathing hard. I haven't felt that bad since the 10-person 10K relay at the Armory a couple of months ago. OK. I'm done whining.

After this workout, I realize more than ever that I need to do more exercises for my legs. I should be doing some weights, lunges, or something! I also think doing some yoga will benefit my running too. I can't wait to try out the yoga workout DVD that Alanna got as a gift for me. Thanks again Alanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment