Friday, June 18, 2010

Corporate Challenge

Yesterday: 5.5 miles
Week: 22 miles
Workout: 1 mile warm-up, 3.5 mile Corporate Challenge race in Central Park, 1 mile cool down

It was my first time doing the Corporate Challenge. I didn't know that the United Federation of Teachers (UFT), the teachers' union, had a team and was allowed to participate in the race. My legs were tired before the race, and I have a 5 mile race on Sunday. So my goal for this race was to run under 22:10 (6:20/mile) and still be fresh for this Sunday's race.

I was able to get near the front because of the new color coded start system. I went out at 5:57 for the first mile, felt good, and decided to push. My splits were 5:57, 5:51, 6:05, 2:58 (last 0.5 mile). Total: 20:51. (approximately 5:58/mile for the whole race)

No comments:

Post a Comment