Sunday, December 6, 2009

Joe Kleinerman 10K

Today: 7.5 miles
Week: 30.5 miles
Workout: 10K race in Central Park, 0.5 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down.

The men's WSY team (David K., Francois, Farbod, Denie, Greg A., and me) was 17th out of 42 teams. The masters men's team (David K., Denie, and me) was 13th out of 39 teams. Claudina and Meggie also ran and did well. Great job everyone! It was the last club points race of the year.

My time was 40:56, which works out to 6:36/mile. It was a bit too cold for me, but I shouldn't really complain considering all the great weather we've had so far this fall.
My mile splits:
Mile 1 6:53
Mile 2 6:41
Mile 3 6:27
Mile 4 6:34
Mile 5 6:40
Mile 6 6:23

After the race, we picked up some breakfast, and head to Claudina's.

2 comments:

  1. Great comeback, Mike -- that's a whole lot faster than the 8' pace you were talking about a few weeks ago!

    How's the hip feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip felt OK during the race. But it's still sore and tight whenever I'm not running. As far as the race goes, I've been feeling better with each workout. I can't wait until I'm back in racing shape.

    ReplyDelete