Saturday, September 5, 2009

LONG RUN

Today: 21 miles
Week: 65 miles
Workout: 1 1/2 x lower loop - Niketown - 3rd Ave - 34th St - Brooklyn Bridge - Niketown - Bridle Path - lower loop - Engineer's Gate - West Drive - YMCA

I completed about 13.5 miles at the end of the Nike Run Club workout, and once again, I thought about calling it a day. I was tired, my legs were tight, and it was warmer than I expected. But quite a few people already completed 20 miles for the day, so I decided to do a few more miles.

The plantar fasciitis in my foot was REALLY bothering me after the run. I was hobbling down the stairs to the subway. I also discovered that I lost at least 4 pounds, maybe more, during the run.

When I got home, I soaked my feet in a bucket of ice water and tried watching the U.S. Open, college football, and the Yankees all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment