Saturday, August 28, 2010

Long Run

My view of the Brooklyn Bridge, as I waited underneath
the Manhattan Bridge.

Today: 17 miles
Week: 41 miles
Workout: Niketown - West Side Hwy - around lower Manhattan - Manhattan Bridge and return.

Beautiful day for a run. 1hr 08m (8:00/mile) to run the 8.5 miles to the Manhattan Bridge, waited 35 minutes for other runners, 1hr to get back (7:00/mile). Felt great going to the bridge since my legs were fresh, and I was with two other people. On the way back, however, I was struggling a little until I got back to 59th Street, probably because I was running by myself and a little faster. I also should have drunk more than the ONE sip of water I took the entire run.

I started getting really weak on my way to the subway. I was having trouble walking straight. HA! Between the time I finished the run and the time I got home, I drank about 44 ounces of Gatorade. I also sat in a tub of ice water for 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

I'm feeling a little better about my marathon training after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment