Friday, December 28, 2012

Not What I Wanted to Hear!

So, I saw the doctor last Saturday, and he thinks I have a partially torn medial collateral ligament.  He recommended no running for 6 weeks, or another 3 weeks since I had already been sedentary for 3 weeks.  And when I start back again, to only run 2 days per week.  This was my initial reaction:


The doctor continued to talk, but all I heard was blah, blah, no running, blah, blah.  Meanwhile, I was thinking about going out and testing my knee the next day.  How was I going to be ready for the Empire State Building Run-Up in February and the Boston Marathon in April?!  So I went out and did a few stairs.  


Well, maybe a bit more than a few stairs.  Seven sets to be exact.  And then I did them again the next day.  


But the snow made me nervous.  I had visions of tearing another ligament.  I stopped after 3 sets, went back home, and had some hot chocolate instead.  

The knee held up OK.  It was a little sore, but doing stairs is easier on it than running.  



No comments:

Post a Comment