Monday, December 24, 2012

A Different Kind of Streak

Twenty-two days and counting.  That's the number of days I haven't done any kind of running.  The 60K on November 17th did something to my knee.  I thought it had gotten better a week after the race, but it only got worse when I tried running.  So I decided to take a complete break from running.  I had been avoiding the doctor because he always tells me the same thing, just take a break from running.

This past Saturday, I gave in and went to the doctor.  Surprise, surprise...he said I probably had a partially torn medial collateral ligament.  He told me to take another 3 weeks off and when I finally did start running, only run two days a week to start.  This was not good news for someone who plans to run the Empire State Building Run-Up in February and the Boston Marathon in April.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to stick to the doctor's recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment