Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mysterious X-rays

I went to get some x-rays of my hip to see if a stress fracture was causing all this pain I've been having. The x-ray technician took four x-rays. She told me I could just lay on the table for a couple minutes while she made sure my x-rays were OK. Two minutes later, she called me out of the x-ray room. She told me to look at my x-ray on her computer, and she pointed out something that should NOT have been on the x-ray. There looked to be about 2 or 3 small objects lodged in the area around my pelvic bone. She asked me if I had any idea what they were. I was at a loss. She said they looked like staples. I began checking my underwear to see if there were some staples in them that I didn't know about. I couldn't find any. Was it possible that I was one of those people you hear about, who claim they've been abducted by aliens that perform experiments on them? Come to think of it, I did have a weird dream the other night.

The x-ray technician put one of the other x-rays on her computer screen, and sure enough, the objects were on the second x-ray too. We were both clueless. I started thinking that maybe I swallowed some metal recently and didn't realize it. The technician called her supervisor over and asked him about it. He asked me if I've ever had surgery before. I told him I had my appendix taken out about 20 years ago. He said, "That's it. You had staples put in when you had the surgery." Mystery solved! Borrrrrring! I was hoping for a more interesting explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment