Sunday, October 16, 2011

Long Run

I ran 22 miles yesterday morning. The route began at Niketown, went to the FDR, ran around the bottom of Manhattan, up the west side to 125th Street, and back down to 59th. The workout was supposed to end there at about 19 miles, but I had my heart set on doing at least 20. So I went back up the west side for about a half mile, came back, and then ran back to Niketown via the bottom part of the lower loop in Central Park.

The wind on the Hudson was really strong on the way back to 59th. This was my only 20+ mile of the year. Usually, I do at least 3 if I'm training for the marathon. Maybe, I won't taper as much as I normally do since my marathon training schedule was shortened this year.

I was accepted into the "locally competitive start" this year. I've never applied for that before. I'm looking forward to the separate staging area, especially the bathrooms! Hopefully, the lines won't be as long. The bathroom lines in the regular staging areas are so long, I get in line BEFORE I need to use the bathroom because, by the time I get to the bathroom, I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment