Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mon., April 18th: 4 miles
Week: 4 miles
Workout: Boston Marathon course from about Mile 21 to Mile 25+

I went to Fenway Park Sunday afternoon to see the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays. Fenway Park is beautiful. After the game, I went to Niketown and bought the new Nike+ SportWatch. Met some people for a pre-marathon dinner.

I wanted to see the elite men and women run. But with the fans from the Red Sox game and all the marathon spectators using the subway, it was a nightmare trying to get to the course. I had originally wanted to go to Mile 16, but I knew I wouldn't make it. I was already getting text alerts (while I was on the subway) that some of my friends were already passing the half marathon point. So I decided to get off early and run to Mile 22.

I made it just in time. I was able to run with four different people between Mile 21 and the finish. The crowds along the way were great. Hopefully, I'll be running the Boston Marathon next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment